- Customer Service
- About Us
- Water Services
- Cross-Connections and Backflow Prevention Program
- Recent News
- Watering Restrictions
- Forms & Reports
- News & Notices
- Contact Us
All water meters install in the District were tested for accuracy prior to installation as per American Water Works Association (AWWA) standards.
Locate your meter box, generally found towards the front of a property, near the street. The box is typically in a direct line with the main outside faucet. It is housed in a black plastic box with a removable lid. Remove the lid by using a tool such as a large screwdriver, but be carefull to not unplug the transmitter that is attached to both the lid and the meter. After the meter box lid you might have to remove dirt or debri from the box in order to see the meter. Once the meter is visible you can know determine what kind of meter is install at your specific location. The District currently has three (3) differant makes of meters in the distribution system so, depending on the meter installed at said location will determine how the meter is read.
Below you will find the 3 differant makes of meters along with a brief description of the meter as well as how to read the it.
Diehl (Ultrasonic) Meter Information (Square bodied with protective lid)
If the protective lid of the meter is left off or open the display will turn off after 4 mins. to save battery life. To display the screen again cover and uncover the optice eye by using your finger or the protective lid (this also changes the displays on the meter). The meter has several informative screens on a loop. Below is a list of screens and their meanings.
- F06-006 - This is the firmware version installed on the meter.
- Error Messages - if there are any alerts in the last 30 days these will appear first.
- E - 1 - A = reverse flow
- E - 3 - A = no consumption
- E - 5 - A = Leak alarm
- E - 6 - A = low temp. (water temp below 32)
- E - 7 - A = air in measurment tube (meter does not measure air)
- Reading - If the meter reading is 1040.1 then reading on bill will be 10.
- Current flow - If there is water passing through the meter; this screen indicates the current gallons per minute (gpm) down to the hundredth of a gallon. This screen is very useful when determining if there is a leak.
- Temperature - Displays the actual water temperature, which can be useful during the winter months.
- High resolution reading - Similar to the main reading except this reading is down to the thousandth of a gallon. ex: 1040.145
RG3 Tomahawk (No protective cover)
This meter only has one screen depicting all the information available.
- Reading - the reading on this meter is the most prominent numbers on the register followed by the tenths and hundredths in the upper right corner of display. ex. 2468.87 then reading on bill will be 24
- Flow Rate - The flow rate indicator is at the bottom right of the display under the meter reading. If there is water passing through the meter it will indicate the current gallons per minute (gpm) down to the tenth of a gallon. This is very useful when determining if there is a leak.
Sensus SR II (round light grey with protective lid)
This meter has two (2) displays/screens the Meter Reading, and the Gallons per minute or Leak Indicator. Also, much like the Diehl meter if the protective lid is left off or open the display will turn off to save battery life. In order to see the display again the lid must be closed and you should hear a snap indicating that the lid is closed. In order to switch screens close the lid for approx. 10 sec. and re open.
- Reading (Default Display) - If the meter reading is 3456.97 then the reading on the bill will be 34. As a quick refferance the numbers with dashes upon them will appear on the bill.
- Leak - To view this display close lid wait approx. 10 sec. then re-open the dashes above the numbers should be flashing. If there is water passing through the meter this display will indicate the current gallons per minute (gpm) down to the thousandths of a gallon. This display is very useful when determining if there is a leak.