- Customer Service
- About Us
- Water Services
- Cross-Connections and Backflow Prevention Program
- Recent News
- Watering Restrictions
- Forms & Reports
- News & Notices
- Contact Us
Locate your meter box, generally found towards the front of a property, near the street. The box is typically in a direct line with the main outside faucet. It is housed in a black plastic box. Remove the lid by using a tool such as a large screwdriver, but be carefull to not detach the transmitter that is attached to both the lid and the meter. After the meter box lid is off the meter is a light greyish color with a lid raise the lid to see the numbers. Below are some of the screens that are on the meter.
Diehl (Ultrasonic) Meter Information
If the protective lid of the meter is left off or open the display will turn off after 4 mins. to save battery life. To display the screen again cover and uncover the optice eye by using your finger or the protective lid (this also changes the displays on the meter). The meter has several informative screens on a loop below is a list of screens and their meanings.
- F06-006 - This is the firmware version installed on the meter.
- Error Messages - if there are any alerts in the last 30 days these will appear first.
- E - 1 - A = reverse flow
- E - 3 - A = no consumption
- E - 5 - A = Leak alarm
- E - 6 - A = low temp. (water temp below 37)
- E - 7 - A = air in measurment tube (meter does not measure air)
- Reading - if reading is 1040.1 then reading on bill will be 10.
- Current flow - if there is a leak this screen informs of how many gallons per minute or gpms are passing through the meter it depicts down to the hundredth of a gallon.
- Temperature - displays the actual water temperature, which can be useful during the winter months.
- High resolution reading - similar to the other reading except this reading is down to the thousandth of a gallon. ex: 1040.145